Power Pros & More

Discuss MLB Power Pros and More! Home of the Success Mode and TeamRPG!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Welcome to Power Pros & More Fourms!
Be on the lookout... for the new RPG...

Share | 

NEWS UPDATE

Go down 
AuthorMessage
PPMaster
First Round Draft Pick
First Round Draft Pick

PostSubject: NEWS UPDATE   Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:54 am

As i have the main section up now, ive got a few teams over in the teams section waiting for their input on attributes and then Sjax will help me out by updating your team section with your requested attributes.

Today i really am swamped at work, just wanted to give you guys something to chew on, so hang in there and hopefully tonight i can work in some more details.

Thanks

-PP
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stevenjackson39
First Round Draft Pick
First Round Draft Pick

PostSubject: Re: NEWS UPDATE   Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:20 am

I've updated everyone's attributes, by the way.

So in the meantime, I'll progress you guys in the Success Mode RPG (Lance can attest to that)

"If I had a quarter for every time I said I had a nickel, I would have 5 times as much theoretical money."
-Stephen Colbert

"If it's called USA TODAY, then why is all the news from yesterday?"
-Stephen Colbert

"It's your money. You paid for it."
-George Bush

http://www.faultylogic.co.nr
XIAOLISMS!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.xiaolisms.co.nr
PPMaster
First Round Draft Pick
First Round Draft Pick

PostSubject: Re: NEWS UPDATE   Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:37 am

Ill wait to get peoples feedback on the number of total teams / number of computer teams.

I got a couple more requests to process, but in the meantime, im still working on a limited timeline. There are a few more things i want to do with the TeamRPG section before opening up season play. Hopefully there is enough going on with regular success mode and hangman on the site to keep everyone occupied in the meantime, ill do some more scattered work on it today, but again im pretty much swamped at work so itll be fill in.

As ive mentioned, the plan is that games will be simulated using a setup ive developed in excel. With this i can (hopefully) sim through anywhere between 5-10 games a day, generating a season within a couple weeks. Experience points are generated through games played similar to the way fans are gained through SimYard, if that helps anyone get a better idea.

Right now for the first season it should be really basic, stats will be limited as i work through stuff in order to get a feel for how they should be broken down. Your attributes are mostly considered as multipliers which help your odds in certain situations.

Hope this helps wet your whistle for the action going on here

-PP
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PPMaster
First Round Draft Pick
First Round Draft Pick

PostSubject: UPDATE FOR 7/23   Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:38 am

Morning guys-

As i briefly mentioned in the Hangman section, yesterday i got sidelined with a massive migrane that sent me home from work and to bed. Needless to say i lost not only 3 hours of work time, but that back me up further in my work and also cause me to lose BETA TeamRPG development time.

That being said, my current plan... as it stands now is below:

Thursday: Mostly catching up on work, some further development of TeamRPG
Friday: Flying home in the morning, meetings until afternoon, development of TeamRPG after that.
Saturday: Lock down current teams as they are to prepare for Season 1, add enough computer teams to make 12 teams total.
Sunday: Set up divisions and schedules for Season 1.
Monday: Season 1 Begin (more details as time gets closer)

MC - Can you send out an email to everyone letting them know they have until Saturday to sign up for a team if they want to play?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PPMaster
First Round Draft Pick
First Round Draft Pick

PostSubject: Re: NEWS UPDATE   Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:36 am

My flight was supposed to get me back home around 9ish, instead because of weather i didnt get home until midnight last night so i wasnt able to get as much set up for this morning. I also have a meeting this morning from 7:30 - 10ish so please bear with me, at LEAST one game will be played today, my apologies for not getting the schedule up.

-PP
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PPMaster
First Round Draft Pick
First Round Draft Pick

PostSubject: Re: NEWS UPDATE   Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:26 pm

As you can see the first game went through tonight and there is still much for me to work with. The forums limit how many characters i can enter in so it was too difficult to update the standings and post stats with the box score. I am going to work to fix this so just check out the experience points you earned and let me know if you have any ideas!

Thanks

-PP
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MarvinCubbie
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NEWS UPDATE   Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:27 pm

seperate standing sheets? One for american and one for NL? Or do it in excel?

GO CUBS GO!

R.I.P. Nick Adenhart 1986-2009
R.I.P. Michael Jackson 1958-2009
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://powerprosnmore.forumotion.com
PPMaster
First Round Draft Pick
First Round Draft Pick

PostSubject: Re: NEWS UPDATE   Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:31 pm

Yea i figured that was the two ways i could do it... Set up like how i have the schedule and just post the link... Probably the easiest way so i can avoid coding. That will have to be worked on this week.

Ill add it to my never ending list. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PPMaster
First Round Draft Pick
First Round Draft Pick

PostSubject: RPG UPDATE 7/29/09   Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:12 am

As im sure you noticed there were no games yesterday.... im trying to fix a few things before putting myself further in the hole simming games. Another issue that is fast approaching is my vacation next week in NH in which i basically will have no internet. Im debating spending the rest of this week and all of next week working on tweaking and fixing what ive seen so far as that when i get back on 8/8 i can really go full force with this. Would any of you guys have objections to this? My other problem as i have mentioned is the enormous amount of work i have and wedding planning that is keeping me at work for 11-12 hours a day and then another 2 hours of wedding work afterwards.

The way things are right now they are still not automated enough for me to be able to do on a daily basis so if you do mind i would like to try and polish some stuff up to make it easier for everyone. It seems as if these forums are taking a slight break right now, we should probably try and fire up the hangman section again, and if anyone has any ideas of what else we can do to draw interest, please post them in the forums!!!

Thanks for your understanding

-PP
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PPMaster
First Round Draft Pick
First Round Draft Pick

PostSubject: Update August 8th...   Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:09 am

So after simming through game 2 i realized that since my sim file is on my WORK laptop, and im working at home right now, i cant upload the standings or results through PDF like i wanted to. Trust me that i got the stuff done on vacation, i just wont be able to upload everything until tomorrow afternoon.

Things are definitely running smoother than before, but just hang in there while i try and make sure im not missing anything.

Oh... and i also accidently edited over the game 1 results, but i have them on a file on my computer so eventually they will make it back on here in picture form for you to reference.

Hit me up with any questions or concerns, im working like mad this weekend to catch up on everything and make sure things are ready to run smoothly starting tomorrow!

-PP
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PPMaster
First Round Draft Pick
First Round Draft Pick

PostSubject: Re: NEWS UPDATE   Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:00 pm

I know the crowd seems to have died off with TeamRPG still not firing FULLY on all cylinders, but ive got about 90% of it where i want it for now, all thats left is to finish making all the stats pages for each team and then link them to the Team Pages.

The Team Pages will still contain the attributes in the actual forums, the link will provide stats similar to what you see on the game summary now, except obviously cumulative for the season.

Two stats that are iffy, not working consistently and have been temporarily disabled:

1- Stolen Bases: The ratio isnt working correctly, dont be discouraged if you have invested heavily in speed, this will be fixed soon.

2- Errors: This is a basic ratio as well, and unlike stolen bases for speed, you still need error res and this is also considered fielding and affects how many hits your fielders take away. Because this attribute is technically still in use, errors are not my top priority to fix.

Other than that, what you see is what you get at least for season 1. I dont want to do too much further developing in season as this could adversely affect teams.

Please hit me with some feedback and i cant promise daily games with work and everything else going on, but i will do them as frequently as possible, sometimes more than once per day in order to make up lost time.

My goal for the end of season 1 COMPLETELY (playoffs and everything) is September 11th, due mostly to my wedding and honeymoon the following 2 weeks. Obviously basic math will tell you i need to start cranking these games out pretty frequently soon, so if you stay on top of your team, you could be at an advantage.

I think thats all the news for now, happy gaming!

-PP
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PPMaster
First Round Draft Pick
First Round Draft Pick

PostSubject: Re: NEWS UPDATE   Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:45 pm

I simmed a whole series tonight, since thats a bit easier to do at once. Let me know what you think of doing it this way. Team stats are still being worked on.

-PP
Back to top Go down
View user profile
apple4960
Tee-Ball Star
Tee-Ball Star

PostSubject: Re: NEWS UPDATE   Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:42 pm

Hey, can you please post the excel sheet on here? I just want to see how this works. It seems really cool. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PPMaster
First Round Draft Pick
First Round Draft Pick

PostSubject: Re: NEWS UPDATE   Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:49 pm

hmmm that might reveal some of my trade secrets!!!!

Ill have to think about that, plus im still trying to figure out a way to make the games more efficient since it takes so much time to do all the updating...

-PP
Back to top Go down
View user profile
apple4960
Tee-Ball Star
Tee-Ball Star

PostSubject: Re: NEWS UPDATE   Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:23 pm

If you could attach it to a PM or something (if you can do that), that would work if you trust me. Smile I wouldn't have the slightest clue as to make gameswork better or to add in your own players, so I won't be much help, I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEWS UPDATE   

Back to top Go down

NEWS UPDATE
Page 1 of 1