Power Pros & More
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Power Pros & More

Discuss MLB Power Pros and More! Home of the Success Mode and TeamRPG!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Welcome to Power Pros & More Fourms!
Be on the lookout... for the new RPG...

My Life "Secrets"

Go down 
+2
RobDiesel61
PPMaster
6 posters
AuthorMessage
PPMaster
First Round Draft Pick
First Round Draft Pick
PPMaster

My Life "Secrets" Empty
PostSubject: My Life "Secrets"   My Life "Secrets" EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 3:50 pm

Congrats, you are emarking on a 20 year career, either with your created player from Success Mode or one made up on the spot. (or an already existing big league player, but whats the fun in that?) Here are a few time to help with breakin into the bigs

1- Earn your managers trust. The sooner you do this, the better youll fare when you run into 0 for skids.

2- Save often.... saving is never overrated in this game.

3- Get used to being in debt after your first year, especially if you are good. Your Manager messes up your donation at the beginning, adding a zero at the end ($200 becomes $2000), if you are good enough to put yourself in a big hole (i was -$250,000 after my rookie year as a pitcher) then you are probably good enough to land a big contract anyway.

4- Batters adjust to you if you are a pitcher, pitchers adjust to you if you are a batter. I noticed my first character was a pitcher, and my first year i posted over 300 Ks, and had a 23-4 record. Second year i went about 22-6 but only 150 Ks, the batters hit me more often.

5- YOU control the game, if you want it to be harder, up the pitch speed, or start your My Life at a harder difficulty. Personally i enjoy hitting .470, its surreal

6- Dont like your position as a pitcher? Talk to your manager. If you are a starter but want to close games, or the other way around, talk to them and they will work to switch your role!
*edit: As noted in the comment below (thanks) you FIRST need to earn your managers trust (5 stars) before they will consider this.

7- Get used to ridiculous trades. In 3 of My Life games so far ive seen Jeter get traded off the Yankees. Understandable from a defensive point of view, but would never happen in real life. Many other big names get traded, deal with it.

8- The "mood" of your player always drove me nuts, but its part of the game. For pitchers i notice a HUGE difference between pink (very happy) and purple (sluggish). A pitcher will lose a lot movement and 5-8 mph off their speed. For batters its harder to hit home runs, you run a little slower, and may have a harder time making solid contact.

9- General tip for those wondering "what should i do in my free time?" I stock up on workout equipment at my house so when i am playing home games i workout, and then bring some books to read on the road so its easier to gain exp through that.

10- In order to get the best agent in the game you need to become a B level player. His name is Darryl and the better relationship (more stars) you have with him, and with any agent, the better contract you will get. Suggestion? Darryl loves golf, so try and get to be a C golfer by the time you work with him.

11- For pitchers, you can add pitches to your by purchasing pitching books (not the beg / int / adv books but actual pitch books) and then when spring training comes around the next year you can learn them!

I will keep adding to this as i think of stuff, hit me up with any comments, questions, or corrections!

Last edited by PPMaster on Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:01 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
RobDiesel61
High-School All-American
High-School All-American
RobDiesel61

My Life "Secrets" Empty
PostSubject: my life tips   My Life "Secrets" EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 10:21 am

PPMaster wrote:
6- Dont like your position as a pitcher? Talk to your manager. If you are a starter but want to close games, or the other way around, talk to them and they will work to switch your role!
thats not complety true,first,you need to earn your coaches trust to max
Back to top Go down
PPMaster
First Round Draft Pick
First Round Draft Pick
PPMaster

My Life "Secrets" Empty
PostSubject: Updated   My Life "Secrets" EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 10:51 am

Might not be noticeable but i am going to keep maintaining this post and adding to it with new items so just keep throwing comments at me.

Thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MarvinCubbie
Admin
MarvinCubbie

My Life "Secrets" Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Life "Secrets"   My Life "Secrets" EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 11:42 am

This happens to me alot. I picked 2B as my position, and my manager starts me at catcher. Mad
Back to top Go down
https://powerprosnmore.forumotion.com
PPMaster
First Round Draft Pick
First Round Draft Pick
PPMaster

My Life "Secrets" Empty
PostSubject: 2B --> C ??   My Life "Secrets" EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 12:31 pm

Honestly ive only created pitchers, 1B, and outfielders, so i havent heard of that... might have to do with the team you're on, no open spots for a 2B?

Interesting though.
Back to top Go down
RobDiesel61
High-School All-American
High-School All-American
RobDiesel61

My Life "Secrets" Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Life "Secrets"   My Life "Secrets" EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 12:50 pm

PPMaster wrote:
Might not be noticeable but i am going to keep maintaining this post and adding to it with new items so just keep throwing comments at me.

Thanks Very Happy
we are family here no matter what we look like Very Happy Smile Sad Surprised Shocked Cool Laughing Mad Razz Embarassed Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Wink Exclamation Question Idea Arrow Neutral What a Face Like a Star @ heaven Suspect I love you No cyclops cat cat alien alien santa santa cheers cherry jocolor queen king farao farao
Back to top Go down
Cubbies414
Tee-Ball Star
Tee-Ball Star
Cubbies414

My Life "Secrets" Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Life "Secrets"   My Life "Secrets" EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 11:40 pm

One question how do you learn differnet pitches as a new pitcher?
Back to top Go down
dishnetkid
First Round Draft Pick
First Round Draft Pick
dishnetkid

My Life "Secrets" Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Life "Secrets"   My Life "Secrets" EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 6:42 am

You have to buy the pitch that you want's book from the purchase section, but can only be used in Spring Training if you have it in your bag.
Back to top Go down
Redsoxman53
Tee-Ball Star
Tee-Ball Star
Redsoxman53

My Life "Secrets" Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Life "Secrets"   My Life "Secrets" EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 8:51 am

someone should sticky this
Back to top Go down
http://www.mlbppworld.com/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1517
PPMaster
First Round Draft Pick
First Round Draft Pick
PPMaster

My Life "Secrets" Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Life "Secrets"   My Life "Secrets" EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 9:02 am

dishnetkid wrote:
You have to buy the pitch that you want's book from the purchase section, but can only be used in Spring Training if you have it in your bag.

Added!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Life "Secrets" Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Life "Secrets"   My Life "Secrets" Empty

Back to top Go down

My Life "Secrets"
Page 1 of 1