Power Pros & More
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Power Pros & More

Discuss MLB Power Pros and More! Home of the Success Mode and TeamRPG!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Welcome to Power Pros & More Fourms!
Be on the lookout... for the new RPG...

A Newbie's Gripe: The Welcome Message

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Josh
Tee-Ball Star
Tee-Ball Star
Josh

A Newbie's Gripe: The Welcome Message Empty
PostSubject: A Newbie's Gripe: The Welcome Message   A Newbie's Gripe: The Welcome Message EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 4:55 pm

My gripe isn't with the general idea of the message. I am, however, against how unprofessionally designed it is. I deleted the message from MarvinCubbies so I can't copy and paste word for word what it said, but I believe it went something like this:

Welcome Message wrote:
Welcome to Power Pros & More. I hope you enjoy your stay.

-Admin

While there is nothing wrong with that, it could be improved upon. If we put our heads together, we can probably create a better message.

Josh's Version of the Welcome Message wrote:

Welcome [user],

We are flabbergasted that you took the time out of your busy life to join our community. Every member means a lot to us; some more than others, but we value every body's input equally. If you have a complaint, you can address it here.

Unlike most helpful forums dedicated to providing you information about MLB Power Pros, we have set up a game based on success mode in MLB Power Pros which you're welcomed to join at any time, if you so please. A link to this RPG (role-playing game) is at the bottom of this message.

Several of our member(s) have released their contact information (e-mail address, MSN, AIM) for your use if you have any questions. Right now, we have one member available for contact via MSN. If you have any questions, he won't mind answering them.

You can contact him via MSN @ Bloo96@live.com.

Sincerely,

MLB Power Pros & More Community

P.S. If you wish to join the RPG, click here.

While it's not perfect, it's a damn good start. I appreciate any feedback you have, if any.
Back to top Go down
RobDiesel61
High-School All-American
High-School All-American
RobDiesel61

PostSubject: dfda   A Newbie's Gripe: The Welcome Message EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 5:22 pm

1.this isnt your website.
2.where did you come from
3.why did you just call out our admin
Back to top Go down
MarvinCubbie
Admin
MarvinCubbie

PostSubject: Re: A Newbie's Gripe: The Welcome Message   A Newbie's Gripe: The Welcome Message EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 5:28 pm

Its cool RD. Just chill. We are welcome to any suggestions our members have here. We want to make them feel as comfortable as they can.
Back to top Go down
https://powerprosnmore.forumotion.com
RobDiesel61
High-School All-American
High-School All-American
RobDiesel61

PostSubject: Re: A Newbie's Gripe: The Welcome Message   A Newbie's Gripe: The Welcome Message EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 5:30 pm

sorry,its just,he deleted your welcome.josh,when we play power rpos,we dont welcome like that.it should be like
welcome to power prosm,ore,you like power pros?well,come to our RPG.we can talk about power pros.and,well more.and remember,dont be a marvin Laughing
Back to top Go down
MarvinCubbie
Admin
MarvinCubbie

PostSubject: Re: A Newbie's Gripe: The Welcome Message   A Newbie's Gripe: The Welcome Message EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 5:32 pm

No, we let the members help out too.
Back to top Go down
RobDiesel61
High-School All-American
High-School All-American
RobDiesel61

PostSubject: Re: A Newbie's Gripe: The Welcome Message   A Newbie's Gripe: The Welcome Message EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 5:34 pm

i stilled like the
Quote :
dont be a marvin Laughing
Back to top Go down
Josh
Tee-Ball Star
Tee-Ball Star
Josh

PostSubject: Re: A Newbie's Gripe: The Welcome Message   A Newbie's Gripe: The Welcome Message EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 5:37 pm

RobDiesel61 wrote:
1.this isnt your website.
2.where did you come from
3.why did you just call out our admin

Cool your jets.

MarvinCubbie wrote:

Its cool RD. Just chill. We are welcome to any suggestions our members have here. We want to make them feel as comfortable as they can.

I appreciate the professional attitude you took towards my suppose "flame".

RobDiesel19 wrote:
sorry,its just,he deleted your welcome.josh,when we play power rpos,we dont welcome like that.it should be like
welcome to power prosm,ore,you like power pros?well,come to our RPG.we can talk about power pros.and,well more.and remember,dont be a marvin

Deleting his welcome is a moot point. I deleted the one Dishnetkid sent me too since it reiterated the exact same point the first one did.

And why shouldn't we welcome our members like that? If you want to manage a forum, you have to do it professionally. Welcoming members like they're children is a great way to disrespect them; you need to let them know that you appreciate them joining the discussion and that you have many items free for them to use.

I take offense to the name calling, sarcastic or not, it's rude. I can't take it as "friendly ribbing" at this point because your earlier post went out of it's way to provoke an unfriendly response from me. Please reconsider your actions, they may discourage new members such as myself from wanting to visit the forum in the future.
Back to top Go down
RobDiesel61
High-School All-American
High-School All-American
RobDiesel61

PostSubject: Re: A Newbie's Gripe: The Welcome Message   A Newbie's Gripe: The Welcome Message EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 5:47 pm

actally,most of us on here are eithere tweens,young teens or kidsim only 10
listen,im sorry for the backlash.i know we are trying to run this like a pro.we havent had that many members OUTSIDE where we usely advertise.im sorry,and welcome to PP&M
Back to top Go down
MarvinCubbie
Admin
MarvinCubbie

PostSubject: Re: A Newbie's Gripe: The Welcome Message   A Newbie's Gripe: The Welcome Message EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 6:04 pm

Would you mind if I used that Message, Josh?
Back to top Go down
Josh
Tee-Ball Star
Tee-Ball Star
Josh

PostSubject: Re: A Newbie's Gripe: The Welcome Message   A Newbie's Gripe: The Welcome Message EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 6:07 pm

You most certainly can use that message.
Back to top Go down
PPMaster
First Round Draft Pick
First Round Draft Pick
PPMaster

PostSubject: Thanks for the input!   A Newbie's Gripe: The Welcome Message EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 9:20 am

This might seem delayed but i was out and about this weekend and aparently missed a lot going on in these forums....

Thanks for the input Josh, good to have another fellow PP Fan active in our foums!

-Karl
Back to top Go down
MarvinCubbie
Admin
MarvinCubbie

PostSubject: Re: A Newbie's Gripe: The Welcome Message   A Newbie's Gripe: The Welcome Message EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 9:21 am

Not too much went on, except 3-4 members joining, thats it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Newbie's Gripe: The Welcome Message   A Newbie's Gripe: The Welcome Message Empty

Back to top Go down

A Newbie's Gripe: The Welcome Message
Page 1 of 1